Can you imagine walking into your spare bedroom or garage and saw this….AN AWESOME STOCKPILE!!! Over the past 5 years I really took an interest in couponing, and I am GLAD I did….I can’t even tell you how much money I have saved over the past 5 years!! Now I have decided that my next GOAL is an AMAZING stockpile….Something that my family and I can fall back on if required!!!
I decided that I am going to build my STOCKPILE on a budget….I have decided to set aside $50.00 a month to purchase extra items for my house and build an amazing stockpile on a BUDGET!!! Use this AWESOME PRICE CHART to assist in building your stockpile!!!
My associate pointed out this great sales cycles chart….CHECK IT OUT…. This will be a great tool in building my STOCKPILE!!!
Here are also some other sites that will help with this challenge….
OTHER Great WAYS to SAVE MORE MONEY…..We can Build up money on these sites and CASH IN in DECEMBER to assist with Christmas Presents!!
I wanted my $50 per month to go toward items that would save my family the most money in the long run. So I started by eliminating items that would get overused if we had to many of them!! Next I wrote down all the personal care and household items we use on a regular basis and approximated how many we go through in a month to arrive at a 12 month goal!! I am purchasing items of a family of 7….
List of Essentials for my Stockpile……
- Shampoo – 2 regular size bottles per month = 24
- Conditioner – 1.5 regular size bottle per month = 18
- Body Wash – 4 regular size bottles per month = 48
- Toothpaste – 2 regular size tubes per month = 24
- Toothbrushes – 3 per month = 36
- Floss – 1 pack per month = 12
- Mouthwash – 2 regular size bottle per month = 24
- Deodorant – 4 per month = 48
- Body Lotion – 3 regular size bottle per month = 36
- Hair Stying Products (Mousse, Hair Spray, ETC.) – 3 regular size bottle per month = 36
- Laundry Detergent – 14 loads per week = 728 loads
- Dryer Sheets – 14 sheets per week = 728 sheets
- Dishwasher Detergent – 14 loads per week = 728 loads
- Dish Detergent – 1 regular bottle per month = 12
- Toilet Paper – 7 double rolls per week = 364 double rolls
- All Purpose Cleaner – 2 regular bottle per month = 24
- Trash Bags – 2 bags per day = 730 bags
- Bleach – 1 regular size bottle per month = 12
- Paper Towels – 3 rolls per week = 156 rolls
Next we identified my family’s top 10 non-perishable food items….6 MONTHS SUPPLY on FOOD ITEMS……….
- Soup – 3 can per week = 78
- Ketchup – 2 regular size bottle per month = 12
- Mustard – 1 regular size bottle per month = 6
- Sugar – 20lbs per month = 120 lbs (30–4lb packages)
- Canned Vegetables – 3 cans per week = 78
- White Instant Rice – 4 regular size boxes per month = 24
- Spaghetti Sauce – 2 cans per week = 52
- Dried Pasta – 3 packages per week = 72…..INCLUDE MAC N CHEESE
- Kool-Aid – 30 packages per month = 180
- Bottle Water – 48 bottles per month = 288 bottles
- Coffee – 1 large container per month = 6
The weekly/monthly needs listed here are an estimate only. Since we will be using these items as the year goes on, they will need constant replenishing in order to keep the desired number on hand. The goal is to BEGIN building my awesome STOCKPILE…and notice a difference by December 31st….and to see how close I can get to purchasing all of these items in our pantry…..I plan on posting all my purchases over the next year, and HOPE to help you build your STOCKPILE today!!!
A Complete List of ALL My ADVENTURES here….
February 2015 Posts
- POST #4
- POST #5
- POST #6
- POST #7 Walgreens Transaction….POINTS BOOSTER COUPON….HOT!!!
- POST #8
- POST #9
March 2015 Posts