H-E-B Coupon Policy
This coupon policy will be effective 3/31/14. Questions? See our FAQs
At H-E-B, we know how important it is for you to maximize every dollar you spend with us. Coupons are a big part of that, so below we have outlined our guidelines for your convenience.
H-E-B accepts the following types of coupons:
- H-E-B Issued coupons:
- Available at store level and are typically yellow in color
- Generated by a coupon printer at the register and provided with customer receipt
- Distributed via direct mail to customer households or other printed publications
- Manufacturer issued coupons including those with Competitor Logos (must have the wording “Manufacturer’s Coupon” Printed on the Coupon)
- Online Printable coupons with a bar code (i.e. heb.com coupons, email coupons, internet coupons, social media coupons)
Coupon Guidelines and Limitations:
- Coupons can only be redeemed for items, brands, and sizes as specified by the requirements of the coupon.
- Only one coupon will be accepted per qualified item regardless of its origination. H-E-B will not allow stacking of any coupons.
- H-E-B does not double or triple coupons.
- If the face value of an HEB coupon exceeds the price of a qualifying item, only the retail price of the item may be applied. Cash back is not permitted.
- If the face value of a manufacturer coupon exceeds the price of a qualifying item, the excess may be applied towards the balance of the order. Cash back is not permitted.
- Coupons must be presented to the cashier at time of purchase.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The following coupons cannot be accepted:
- Invalid Start Date (coupon has not started)
- Expired coupons
- Competitor coupons without “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on the coupon
- Coupons without a barcode
- Coupons listed as counterfeit at couponinformationcenter.com
- H-E-B accepts valid Online and other Printable coupons as follows:
- Online and other Printable coupons should be legible and have a bar code image available to scan coupon.
- Buy-one-get-one-free coupons (BOGOs) are accepted. (i.e. Buy X, Get X Free)
- “Free product” printable coupons are not accepted (i.e. Get X Free)
- Printable Coupons will not be accepted if they appear copied or are altered in any way. They should be printed directly from the website or email in which they were offered.
- Printable Coupons have unique serial numbers and follow an industry standard format; they are non-transferable, and should not be copied, scanned, sold, traded, or otherwise distributed.
- H-E-B reserves the right to refuse any coupon or limit quantities.