We found this information on Family Dollars Website through THIS LINK. There were several links to the coupon policy that we found to be landing on dead 404 pages. If you are looking for the most current coupon policy, you may have to click around their site till you find a link that works. January – 2015
Family Dollar Stores ACCEPT Manufacturer and Family Dollar issued coupons including:
- Printed Coupons
- Internet Coupons
- Mobile Coupons Family Dollar Stores
ACCEPT Manufacturer and Family Dollar issued coupons that meet these requirements:
- Only ONE Manufacturer coupon and ONE Family Dollar coupon can be used per ITEM in a transaction.
- Duplicate coupons in one transaction are accepted as long as there is an item purchased for each coupon.
- All Family Dollar coupons must have a scannable barcode or valid promotion code.
- Printed coupons must be original no photocopies) and have a printed expiration date.
- Internet coupons may either be in black and white or color and must be legible and read “Family Dollar” or “Manufacturer Coupon”. • Mobile coupons must have a valid promotion code.
- Mobile coupons must have a valid promotion code.
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items that are described on the coupon. The copy on the coupon dictates which items are to be included in the offer, not the image of what is shown on the coupon.
- Coupons can be redeemed if the value of the coupon is greater than the price of the item. In this case, the value of the coupon will be discounted to match the price of the item.
- Family Dollar $5 off $25 coupon is accepted as long as the net purchase, AFTER all other offers, coupons and/or discounts have been applied is $25 or more.
- Coupons are acceptable for use on sale or clearance items.
Family Dollar does NOT ACCEPT coupons that:
- Are from other retailers.
- Are expired.
- Are in home (internet) printed “Free Item” coupons that do not require a purchase.
- Are manufacturer coupons that do not have a “remit to” address on the coupon.
- Are bottle caps.
- Competitor coupons are not matched.
Family Dollar AD MATCH POLICY
Family Dollar will match:
- Any local competitor’s advertised price. The Competitors’ ads must feature a specific item for a specified price during the specified time of redemption.
- We require the customers to have the ad with them (photo copies and mobile ads are not allowed and will not be accepted) to honor a competitor’s ad and the ad dates for the competitor must be currently valid.
- Any limits that the competitor has will apply. Example: limit 2
- Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)
- If the offer is Buy One Get One free, the ad must have a specified price for a specific item Example: Buy One for $2.49, Get One free (BOGO)
- Preferred/Loyalty shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad will be matched
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
- Internet pricing
- Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
- “Going out of business” sales or “closeout” price Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price. Example: “Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C”
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product: Example: “Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free”
- Items that require a purchase to get a competitors’ gift card. Example: “Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card”
- Buy One, Get One free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off example: “All Toys, 40% off”
- Competitors’ private label price promotions
- Contract cell phone plans and devices