Here at WYD (What’s Your Deal) We are commited in making sure our members have the most accurate information and a complete understandiang of couponing. We wanted to put together a helpful guide to Couponing at CVS for those of you that are new to couponing and/or couponing at CVS.
CVS is one of my FAVORITE stores to coupon at. With the great sales, the ECB offers and stacking with coupons, I get A LOT of FREE and Money Maker deals from CVS. Below I will try to help you understand shopping at CVS and getting the most for your money.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
Click on any of the below links (they will open in a new tab/window)
- Printable Coupons
- CVS Coupon Matchup
- Couponing at CVS TOO! FaceBook Group
- CVS Deals
- WYD’s Coupon Database
- ECB (Extra Care Buck) – These are earned when you buy certain products throughout the store. They print at the bottom of your receipt and can be used on your next order.
- CRT – Cash Register Tape
- Q – Coupon
- RC (Raincheck) – You can get a raincheck on items that are on sale but the store is out stock in.
- OOP (Out of Pocket) – Cash amount you may have to pay after redeeming coupons and ECB’s
- WYB (When Your Buy)
- WYS (When Your Spend)
- MM (Money Maker)
- MIR (Mail in Rebate)
- SS (SmartSource Coupon Insert)
- RP (RedPlum Coupon Insert)
- P&G (Proctor & Gamble Coupon Insert)
- Roll ECB’s – Using ECB’s on an item that will give you another ECB
CVS EXTRA CARE REWARDS CARD
The free CVS loyalty program is called ExtraCare; having an ExtraCare card is the single most important way to save at CVS. With this card you’ll earn Extra Care Bucks Rewards (ECBs), which are equivalent to CVS money. If you aren’t a member, just head over to your local CVS and sign up – you’ll get your ExtraCare card on the spot! Or click here to sign up for the program online. You’ll be able to print out a temporary card to use for two weeks until your card arrives in the mail. Make sure you register your card online, there are many perks that you don’t what to miss out on.
- Quarterly Rewards
You’ll be earning 2% back from your purchases each quarter, which is given back to you in the form of ECBs, as outlined below.
- $0 to $24.99 purchase – 0 ECBs
- $25.00 to $49.99 purchase – $0.50 in ECBs
- $50.00 to $74.99 purchase – $1.00 in ECBs
- If you spend $75.00 to $99.99 you’ll earn $1.50 in ECBs
Quarterly Rewards Schedule:
- January 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from October 1 – December 31.
- April 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from January 1st – March 31.
- July 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from April 1st – June 30.
- October 1st: You’ll receive ECBs for purchases made from July 1st – September 30.
Note: The amount that is used to calculate your ECBs per quarter is what you’ve spent after coupons, not the full price, so if you become a super saving machine at CVS, your quarterly ECBs may be minimal.
Sign up for Beauty Club with your ExtraCare card number here.
- 10% off beauty shopping pass after enrollment
- $5 ExtraBucks Rewards for every $50 spent on qualifying beauty purchases
- $3 ExtraBucks rewards on your birthday
- Exclusive emails with coupons, tips and new product info
- Prescription Rewards
Earn $5 ECB when you fill 10 prescriptions.
- You can use the same ExtraCare card. Join Now
- You must have your ExtraCare card linked to your CVS.com account to get credit for online activities.
- Each person who joins can earn up to $50 Pharmacy
& Health ExtraBucks Rewards each year.
- Family members sharing an ExtraCare card
need to sign up individually to earn.
- Your Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards can be used like your other ExtraBucks Rewards on most items
in the store.
- Balances reset on January 1 each year.
- Download the CVS app from the App Store for iPhone or Google Play Store for Android phones. Or, text APP to CVSAPP (287277) for a direct link.
PLANNING YOUR CVS SHOPPING TRIP
- Make sure you have a CVS ExtraCare Card
- Check your CVS Ad or WYD’s Coupon Matchups Here, OR see WYD’s CVS Deals Here and make a list of the items you would like to purchase.
- Check WYD’s database, your CVS ExtraCare App or print coupons here for coupons that go with the items you have on your list.
- Plan and organize your shopping plan. Make sure you have a backup plan just in case some items are out of stock.
- Head out to the store and SHOP SHOP SHOP – If you will be doing more than 1 transaction, I have found it best to use either recyclable shopping bags or use their hand baskets placed into my cart to keep each transaction separate.
- Keep your coupons that you are using (items already in your cart) organized. I use a paperclip and paperclip the ones I am for sure using together.
- Checkout time
- Have them scan your CVS ExtraCare Card
- Hand Coupons in this order:
- $ off $ (ex. $4/$20, $2/$10)
- CVS Coupons
- Manufacture Coupons
- ECB’s that you are using
- Get rainchecks for items that were out of stock.
- After you have paid for your order check over your receipt. Double check everything came off correctly and that you received all your ECBS’s. Its better to know while still in the store than after you get home.
QUESTION & ANSWER!! These are the questions that get asked the most
(Q) How many ECBs can I use per transaction?
(A) As many as you want. However, the register will usually stop accepting them if they will make your subtotal (pre-tax total) negative.
(Q) Do I need to spend $15 if the offer is $5 ECB when I spend $15?
(A) No, MOST CVS stores have a 98% rule. As long as you are within 98% of the amount you would receive the ECB offer.
(Q) Can I use my ECBs on someone else’s card?
(A) NO, All ECB’s are linked to the card they were earned on
(Q) Can I use multiple coupons within a transaction?
(A) Yes, as long as all of the coupons meet their qualifications.
• Two $3 off $15 coupons for purchases that are $30.00 or higher.
• $3 off $15 coupon and $5 ExtraBucks® Rewards for a purchase of $15.
• $1 off toothpaste mfr. coupon and a $2 off toothpaste Coupon Center coupon for a $3 toothpaste item.
***A transaction is defined as the entirety of purchases on a single receipt.
(Q) Can I use multiple coupons on sale items?
(A) Yes, for certain coupons and certain sale items.
• Suave shampoo is on sale for $2.00 Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) and the customer purchases two shampoos; the customer may use two coupons for $1.00 each and pay the applicable tax.
• Suave shampoo is on sale for $2.00 BOGO and customer has a mfr. coupon for Suave BOGO. Customer will receive both items for free but will need to pay any applicable tax.
(Q) Can I have more than one card?
(A) Technically no, you cannot have more than one card to your name with the same address. However, you can have a card for everyone in your household according to customer service. Some managers and other employees (incorrectly) think this is wrong, so they may question you if use multiple cards at their stores.
(Q) Can I buy something for $4 and use a $5 ECB?
(A) You can, but you would lose money. You have to use the full amount of the ECB because you will not get money back.
(Q) What is a “FILLER”
(A) An item added to your order to “use up” any additional ECB amount preventing you from losing some of the money.
ex. You have a $10 ECB, but your total is only $9.25. You would add a cheap filler for $.75 so you don’t lose amount. Candy bars, gum, trial size items all make great fillers.
***Get Over 200 New Printables Here –>> New Printables
Print HOT Coupons Here —>> Printable Coupons
Get FREE Clothes —>> Schoola
HOT Cash Back Apps – Join Now!!